What We Do - Ultrasound
Ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. Ultrasound is safe, noninvasive, painless and does not use ionizing radiation.
It is used to help diagnose the causes of pain, swelling, heart conditions, assess damage after a heart attack and infection in the body's internal organs. Doppler ultrasound images can help your physician to see and evaluate:
- blockages to blood flow (such as clots)
- narrowing of vessels
- tumors and congenital vascular malformations
- reduced or absent blood flow to various organs
- greater than normal blood flow to different areas, which is sometimes seen in infections
These procedures require little to no special preparation. Our staff will instruct you on how to prepare, including whether you should refrain from eating or drinking beforehand. Leave jewelry at home and wear loose, comfortable clothing. You may be asked to wear a gown.
Ultra Sounds performed in our office include:
- Soft tissue
- Heart and blood vessels "Echocardiogram"
- Veins and Arteries - Extremity and Carotid "Doppler"
- Abdominal Aorta
For a more detailed description of each procedure as well as safety information, please click here