A reality of today's Health Insurance is that most insurance companies do not cover 100% of medical charges. Most patients are responsible for a co-payment or deductible which we ask you to pay at the time of your visit. If your insurance carrier is one with whom we participate, we will bill the carrier directly. If your insurance carrier is one with which we do not participate, you will be asked for payment in full at the time of your visit, with the exception of out of state Medicaid.
Fees billed to your insurance carrier are our usual and customary rates, which are competitive with physicians of the same specialty in our area. Insurance carriers, however, have their own methods of determining standard "allowable" charges which at times are lower. You will be expected to pay your co-pay on the day of service. We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards including Visa and Mastercard.
Below is a partial list of participating major medical insurance plans we accept, if you don’t see yours, please call us at 860-355-1149.
- CT Medicaid
- Aetna Managed Medicare
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Managed Medicare
- Connecticare Medicare (Excludes: Passage HMO Plan)
- Emblem Health (Not all plans accepted, contact office to confirm participation)
- Great West Healthcare
- Human Military Tricare East
- Harvard Pilgrim
- MVP (Not all plans accepted, contact office to confirm participation)
- United Health Care
- United Health Care Managed Medicare
- United Health Care Empire
- US Family Health Plan