New Milford Medical Group offers a variety of onsite diagnostic testing that make having these important tests very convenient for our patients. There is no need to go to the hospital for these tests, and our patients can have them done right here in the convenience and comfort of our private offices.
- An Echocardiogram is a noninvasive procedure that uses sound waves (ultrasound) to evaluate your heart.
- Ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. Ultrasound is safe, noninvasive, painless and does not use ionizing radiation.
- An ECG is an electrical recording of your heart. The machine does not send electricity into the body. Instead, it receives tiny electrical impulses from the heart's beating and records them onto a strip of paper.
- Holter Monitor
- A Holter monitor is a continuous tape recording of a patient's ECG for 24 hours.
- Stress Testing
- Stress tests are primarily tests to diagnose coronary disease. Patients are connected to an ECG machine and walk on a treadmill. A nuclear stress test is a study aimed at measuring whether the blood flow to your heart muscle is normal or abnormal.
- People with pacemakers have a complete examination periodically, usually every 6 months to yearly. Many people have phone examinations from home as well.
In addition to complete physicals, or wellness exams, our providers treat a wide range of chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension along with any number of acute conditions such as sinus infections, joint and muscle pain, fatigue, and digestive problems. We provide pre-operative exams to determine if you are healthy enough to undergo surgery.
Our physicians act as your primary care provider, or PCP, to coordinate your care amongst other specialists.
We strongly believe that vaccinations are very important for good health, and disease prevention, both on an individual and on a societal basis! Feel free to speak with your provider about why vaccinations are so important, and remember, vaccines are safe and effective.
Quest Diagnostic Laboratories, which has offices in our building, offers onsite laboratory services where your blood can be drawn in our office prior to your appointment or during the day if you are here for an acute visit that warrants lab work. We also monitor the use of Coumadin by our cardiac patients.
Our Cardiologists provide consultation and follow up care as well as a number of diagnostic tests that can be performed in the convenience of our office.